Thursday, January 29, 2015

Never Having To Explaind Yourself

I think what this boils down to the old saying "Say what you mean and mean what you say". It seems that so many people are either having vague generalities like josh is saying to get attention, or they not really trying or wanting to get their point across. There seems to be so much context missing from everyone’s story and that can be eliminated by adding context. Give us some back story, throw us some bones here! I’m not a mind reader, especially when it comes to females in my life (wife, mom, sisters, etc.), so I need something more. If people really meant what they said, and/or said what they meant there would be less confusion. In addition I think that people need to be consistent. This is where a lot of the confusion comes in. If you are saying that you are against same sex marriage and then you post a "equals" sign as a profile pic, or you are against medical marijuana, but make pro-posts about Washington and Colorado, then it sends an unclear message. If I agree for or against some cause or belief and enough evidence comes to light to change that thought, then make it clear. "I felt this way, and now after I feel this way". There would be no "having to explain yourself" when you post something that contradicts your original beliefs. People know your new position. DONE, Move on!

No comments:

Post a Comment