Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Facebook Ad

My ad started just like every ad with a question. Who is my target market? I spent sometime playing around with this side of Facebook and I was really impressed. I almost feel like one of those hackers that spend time in the "Dark or Black" web. I think this because there is so much more under the surface than likes, links, and look at my cat/baby/outfit/food. So I started with the United States, then changed that to cover the western states. I did this because most of the runners that come to Southern Utah come here from a majority of these states. So offering something on a regional level seem like a good idea. I pick the average age of runners 20 to 60. If I actually do this ad, I will move the age up to 65, based on ages of Marathon runners. I know they are more experienced runners that would benefit from knowledge about St. George.

 I started adding the interest and they seeming to catch on fire. It seemed to going out of control with all the interest I was adding, but i felt justified adding them. Things like long-distance running, nutrition, physical exercise and weight loss. I added a section that focused on travelers and people that might be coming to the area and might enjoy a little fun run. I also tried to focus on people that weren't just running but also biking and outdoors things. this might be something that would beneficial as far was weather and hydration issues. Lastly I targeted to people that were friends of the friends that liked St. George Running Tips. I personally will like something if I have a personal friend that has liked it. So just random people that have no connections might not be receptive. This gives me a reach of 19,800 people.
I was giving the option use my own pictures or select stock pictures. I chose the latter, because i felt it added diversity for my ads. I picked 5 pictures other than my profile picture to be included in the ad. As you can see they all have running actors and elements, but having (I'm assuming) different photographers, it creates variety. My personal favorite is the group running shown from waist down. This is a common experience that most runners have, being elbow to elbow with strangers all united for a cause....Finish. I changed the text to target the heat aspect of running, as spring and summer approaches I know this will become a concern and factor. This gives you an idea about my ad.

No comments:

Post a Comment